Arghon was built to act as a personal assistant to its users and as such, provide an easy way for users to access third party services and to share information with friends and people around them. We understand that despite the wish to share your information with others, you do want to keep certain information private. To accomplish this, we give you control of your information. Our default privacy settings limit the information displayed in your profile to your networks and other reasonable community limitations that we tell you about.
Arghon core principle:
A. You should have control over your personal
Arghon helps you share information with your friends, service providers and people around you. You choose what information you put in your profile, including contact and personal information, pictures, interests and groups you join. And you control the users and service providers with whom you share that information through the privacy settings.
B. You should have access to the information
others want to share.
There is an increasing amount of information available out there, and you may want to know what relates to you, your friends, and people around you. We want to help you easily get that information.
Use of Local Data: Our websites use Local Data to store information about the session when you are using the Arghon WebApp through a browser.
The Information We Collect
When you visit Arghon.com or use the mobile application, you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Web Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Web Site.
When you register with Arghon, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter Arghon, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all Arghon visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to Arghon. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use Arghon, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on Arghon is a violation of the Arghon Terms of Service.
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email or instant message in your name inviting him or her to visit the site, and may send up to two reminders to them. Arghon stores this information to send invitations and reminders, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, to allow you to see invitations you have sent, and to track the success of our referral program.
Arghon may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Arghon service through the operation of the service (e.g., photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
By using Arghon, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Children Under Age 13
Arghon does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for Arghon or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on Arghon. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Use of Information Obtained by Arghon
When you register with Arghon, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on Arghon. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by Arghon that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by Arghon primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it (e.g., posting to your wall), other Arghon users may be able to supplement your profile.
Profile information you submit to Arghon will be available to users of Arghon who belong to any networks or service providers you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., school, geography, friends of friends, service providers). Your name, any network names, and profile picture will be available in search results across the Arghon network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is so that your friends can find you and send a friend request. People who see your name in searches, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
Arghon reserves the right to use none identifying information in your profile with third parties for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like share a common interest such as movies, service providers, etc for the purpose of advertisements and promotions we provide you at Arghon.
Arghon may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. You may opt out of such emails by disabling such notifications on your privacy page, though Arghon reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, Arghon Platform developers and other users of Arghon, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile (e.g., removing photo tag links).
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Arghon is about providing service to you, many of which are provided by third parties such as movie theaters, doctors, restaurants, etc. To properly provide such services to you, we may need to provide information such as your contact information, and payment information where required only after requesting your permission. Third parties that receive your contact information, and payment information must agree to abide by Arghon privacy principles stated in this document. To further strengthen our protection of your personal information such as credit cards accounts, such information is encrypted and have limited access to others. We allow you to choose the information you provide to friends and networks through Arghon. Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
- Your News Feed and Wall may aggregate the information you provide and make it available to your friends and network members according to your privacy settings. You may set your preferences for your News Feed and Wall on your Privacy Settings page.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about Arghon, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Arghon-specified purposes.
- If you, your friends, or members of your network use any third-party applications developed using the Arghon Platform ("Platform Applications"), those Platform Applications may access and share certain information about you with others in accordance with your privacy settings. You may opt-out of any sharing of certain or all information through Platform Applications on the Privacy Settings page. In addition, third party developers who have created and operate Platform Applications ("Platform Developers"), may also have access to your personal information (excluding your contact information) if you permit Platform Applications to access your data. Before allowing any Platform Developer to make any Platform Application available to you, Arghon requires the Platform Developer to enter into an agreement which, among other things, requires them to respect your privacy settings and strictly limits their collection, use, and storage of your information. However, while we have undertaken contractual and technical steps to restrict possible misuse of such information by such Platform Developers, we of course cannot and do not guarantee that all Platform Developers will abide by such agreements. Please note that Arghon does not screen or approve Platform Developers and cannot control how such Platform Developers use any personal information that they may obtain in connection with Platform Applications. In addition, Platform Developers may require you to sign up to their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies, which may give them additional rights or impose additional obligations on you, so please make sure to review these terms and policies carefully before using any Platform Application. You can report any suspected misuse of information through the Arghon Platform and we will investigate any such claim and take appropriate action against the Platform Developer up to and including terminating their participation in the Arghon Platform and/or other formal legal action.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Arghon service or using the Arghon name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We may offer stores or provide services jointly with other companies on Arghon. You can tell when another company is involved in any store or service provided on Arghon, and we may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
When you use Arghon, certain information you post or share with third parties (e.g., a friend or someone in your network), such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other items , this information may become publicly available.
Third Party Advertising
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on Arghon is readily available through the profile editing tools. Arghon users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Arghon account may do so on the My profile page. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of Arghon.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on Arghon, however, (e.g., sending a personal message to another Arghon user) you generally cannot remove such communications.
Arghon takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, therefore we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services.